Would anyone like an 'in a chain' support group? (3)(1000 Posts)
Assuming all you lovely people in a chain still need a support group? Here it is......
Thanks Spickle I've just lurked on the other threads but am getting so much conflicting advice about some minor/major?? Issues with the house we are buying I could use a vent!
Checking in and hoping I'm not around for thread 4! Meant in the nicest possible way of course
Been quiet here for a while now. Just waiting on solicitors to get a wriggle on.
Am going to go up and see the new house again either this weekend or next.
to check it's still there To get a couple of things from the survey tested by a gas engineer and check the shower, taps, etc. That's normal right?
Anyone know how much a gas safety check (and quote for new boiler while they are there) plus electrical check would cost? I'm really low on funds but think it's quite important.
spickle thanks for the new thread x
Unfortunately I'm on thread 3! Haven't exchanged as our buyers solicitor has now gone AWOL. Our sale has been handed over to someone else but loads of admin work hasn't been done. So we are at least a week behind where we thought we were
It's got to the point where I simply don't believe anything the EA says. I wish my solicitor knew it all. She's awesome! But she's as in the dark as we are shame her assistant is such a grumpy twat though. Told her to be more polite earlier.
camper what a pain! Are you sure they haven't just gone on holiday? Lots of people seem to be away with the bank holidays around.
iamcheeseman we had our boiler serviced a few months ago and it was £80 - not bad in the scheme of things!
But not sure that was what you were asking!
Things are progressing slowly here. We desperately want to be in before the summer holidays which makes it all a bit more stressful
Nope, definitely not gone on holiday. As none of the her colleagues knew what was happening / where she went / when she'd be back / what work had to be done etc etc
Our gas safety thingy was £50!
Thanks for the prices. I'll ring around and find somebody local.
How bizarre to go awol.
I swear things have been going really slowly lately because of the bank holidays. Would quite like to be busy again- like packing busy!
Our chain has been a nightmare. We were due to exchange on the 14th April- it didn't happen. So then the date was set for 28th (Friday just gone) it didn't happen because the FTB at the bottom of the chain forgot her card at home so couldn't clear her funds. They rescheduled for today, guess what? It didn't happen. 😡 Fed up and angry doesn't even cover it.
Shadowboy that is awful, I am so sorry Makes you wonder doesn't it - obviously she really isn't grasping how huge this is when she thinks she can mess around like that
Hi folks, sorry some of you are having such a shit time. We aren't doing great either because our ftb's solicitor is absolutely shite and is slowing things down. We first accepted our offer at the end of January but our original buyers had to drop out so we put it up again, sold again within a couple of days to ftb's but everything just seems to be an uphill struggle regarding getting questions answered. We aren't really in much of a chain either, just ftb, then us and the house we're buying is empty because it's a refurb done up by some property developers.
You'd think a massive purchase involving thousands of pounds, there would be some stability in the process but quite frankly buying/selling houses is a fucking nightmare!
As long as our vendor agrees (the last one in the chain to get hold of...) we might exchange today..
I'm crossing everything and not believing a word!
Thanks Spickle for starting up a new thread.
Cheeseman I've no idea what's the norm and what's not but we have requested to see the house we are buying this weekend. We haven't seen it since February and the painter wants to be able to give us a more accurate quote.
Camper did you manage to sort out the problems with your buyer and them wanting money off? Fingers crossed things get going for you again asap.
Doris I can't believe things are so slow for you considering you're chain.
Well we definitely won't be moving this month. It's looking likely to be July. We made our offer in February. Everyone in the chain has agreed to the later date on the condition that the new build buyers at the end of chain agree to Exchange and lock in a completion date by next week as people quite rightly don't want a floating date. We have been offered compensation to cover our rent up until completion so that's something I guess. July seems forever away though and I just want to move now
Fingers crossed Mary!
Sorry to everyone else going through a shit time. It really is shit, isn't it?
Radio silence on our end. Our vendor has 17 enquiries to answer. He's had 15 of them for about 4 weeks now.
How are you meant to organise an in-year school transfer when nobody will settle on a moving date? Goddammit, I will never move again.
Upper limit That has been our main problem, sorting out schools.
Yikes no one seems to be having any luck! As guessed we didn't exchange today.... this time the developer at the end of the change was not contactable so couldn't get permission to exchange from them. Tomorrow will be attempt number 5......
Urgh, I've got to the point where I am resigned to just winging it. Worst comes to the worst and I will take them on a cheap term time holiday homeschool for a few weeks
Hi everyone, thanks Spickle for the new thread. Tense week here as we wait for structural survey on ftbs' purchase to come through. Apparently there was a big problem with the building which should have been fixed by works that were done. Makes sense but a bit scared they will take fright - those things always sound like it should be condemned. Meanwhile we are going to try and put a bid in on a house we like but not holding out much hope as we are in Scotland (rules a bit different).
It's been a bit quiet here. I've signed my sale and purchase contracts (still have the TR1(?) for the purchase and the SDLT form to sign) but the rest of the chain is still waiting for searches. Our solicitors thinks we will have a four week wait between exchange and completion to allow the builder to put in the kitchen and bathroom the buyers of the new build at the top of the chain have specced. It might be earlier but the four weeks will be the max. Hopefully we will be in by the end of June but I won't hold my breath!
Thanks Spickle. I thought that was the right name for it but couldn't quite remember.
I am now officially into the ninth month of trying to sell our house because of repeated chain collapses. Anyone else want to join me in a mutual wail of "We are SO fed up!'
This thread is not accepting new messages.
Please login first.