We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So where are we buying our contemporary front doors?

(13 Posts)
Millybingbong Fri 28-Apr-17 21:24:33

I've been having a Google but nothing is jumping out at me. I assume I need better than a diy superstore but my windows guy doesn't do them so I don't know where to look.

I want a nice grey one with frosted panels either side

Moanyoldcow Fri 28-Apr-17 21:31:55

Google composite doors - lots of online places.

Millybingbong Fri 28-Apr-17 21:38:17

I have. I'm looking for recommendations..

Moanyoldcow Fri 28-Apr-17 21:56:26

Sorry - I thought from your OP you hadn't seen any you like.

Have you got a local double glazing supplier? Ours does a nice range and they come to you with a brochure to give you a quote.

PigletJohn Fri 28-Apr-17 23:18:38

how old is the house?

is the door protected by a porch or canopy?

ChishandFips33 Sat 29-Apr-17 08:08:22

We used either Solidoor or Rockdoor, I can't remember but I'm glad we did

I love wooden doors and felt a heathen using composite but for the lack of draughts alone (our house is old and cold!) I'm glad we did

My DH was completely against composite but when he saw/felt it he was swayed and has no regrets

A friend replaced her new build front door with upvc and the difference in quality with ours is very noticeable

Think it's Solidoor that has an image builder so you can try out the different choices

Wiifitmama Sat 29-Apr-17 08:14:41

We have just ordered a rock door. I can't comment on it yet as it has not been fitted but after years of living with an insecure draughty ill fitting original late 1900's wooden door and frame, I am thrilled!

Millybingbong Sat 29-Apr-17 08:18:21

1988 no porch. Will be a canopy.
East facing.

Millybingbong Sat 29-Apr-17 08:19:04

I'll have a look at the solidour builder.

Friendlylightupbear Sat 29-Apr-17 08:19:36

We have a rock door, i love it.

chickpeaburger Sat 29-Apr-17 14:09:50

We have a solid wood door - looks beautiful. Had a good joinery company make it.

Ruhrpott Sat 29-Apr-17 14:14:37

We have palladio door and it's great.

Littlecaf Sat 29-Apr-17 18:32:48

We've just had a composite door installed. In my professional life I'm totally against them but once I looked closely and found a good supplier, I think they are good quality. Best on a 1950s (or similar) semi though.......Solidor are good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now