Talk

Advanced search

I just dont understand the layout of this house?

(18 Posts)
flownthecoopkiwi Fri 28-Apr-17 20:53:27

Why did it seem a good idea to have two bedrooms downstairs and what's a store room???

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63723851.html

uthredswife Fri 28-Apr-17 21:00:30

I don't really understand your post. It's. A dormer bungalow hence most of the house is downstairs.

And a store room is well..... A room to store stuff confused

I think it's a beautiful house, it seem bright and spacious​

Tobuyornot99 Fri 28-Apr-17 21:03:41

It's not a house, it's a dormer bungalow. Pretty standard layout

flownthecoopkiwi Fri 28-Apr-17 21:05:55

Oh,sorry didn't realise that was a standard sort of house.. but why call it a store room and not a study?

uthredswife Fri 28-Apr-17 21:07:41

I would guess it's because the room is either too small for a desk or is an internal room with no windows thus more suited for storage

drquin Fri 28-Apr-17 21:07:53

Why not have two downstairs bedrooms?
May have been a bungalow originally, so keeping much of original layout. May have been designed that way to reflect someone's needs (e.g. Mobility) or just wants. Might have been planning considerations.

Store room .... guess it's a space bigger than a cupboard not too small / no windows to be a proper room. Who wouldn't want a big cupboard?

MissDuke Fri 28-Apr-17 21:09:22

I love it!!! What do you not understand? The store room is for storage - what a bonus!!! Could also be used as a laundry as some prefer it upstairs. The thing I would find annoying is that the utility is not off the kitchen. Also the majority of the bedrooms being downstairs wouldn't work for us but I am sure some would love it. I wouldn't fancy being upstairs and the children all being downstairs, potentially roaming around without us knowing.

NapQueen Fri 28-Apr-17 21:11:21

Can someone make it a clicky link? It isnt working for me and I adore a house thread

drquin Fri 28-Apr-17 21:11:40

And the description calls that small room a "nursery / bedroom 4 / dressing room". Seems reasonable, plenty houses have a particularly small last bedroom. No use if you want 4 good sized bedrooms. Great if you want a master suite upstairs .....

AppleAndBlackberry Fri 28-Apr-17 21:14:58

Store room will be because you can't escape through the window (looks like a small velux) so it doesn't meet regulations for being a bedroom.

bibbitybobbityyhat Fri 28-Apr-17 21:15:28

It's a dormer bungalow. A bungalow with a bit of livable space in the roof.

I laughed quite a lot at the property description! Estate Agents and their flowery but ungrammatical language, eh?

Pestilentialone Fri 28-Apr-17 21:15:34

clicky link

m0therofdragons Fri 28-Apr-17 21:20:19

Oooh I like that. I do like quirky though, plus storage is always good. Most people seem to call a storage space a bedroom!

bibbitybobbityyhat Fri 28-Apr-17 21:20:47

NapQueen

copy and paste it into a new tab

NapQueen Fri 28-Apr-17 21:22:11

bibbity I did that it only took me to the rightmove homepage.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Fri 28-Apr-17 21:23:39

Just posting so I can click on it

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63723851.html

Asmoto Fri 28-Apr-17 21:25:18

It's a lovely house.

Why do EAs use the word 'most' all the time? Can't they vary their descriptions a bit?

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Fri 28-Apr-17 21:25:26

It's a store room because there's no loft. Lots of houses like this will have a store room or walk in storage space, often in the eaves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now