Talk

Advanced search

Setting a rotary dryer into patio. Help me!

(6 Posts)
PaddedRoomForOnePlease Fri 28-Apr-17 11:40:07

I'm laying a patio and need to also site my new rotary dryer but after much Googling can't see how to do this other than in grass. I was thinking I could somehow cut a hole in one of the slabs and pass this over the pre-set in the ground spike. Is this a ridiculous idea? Can you even make holes in pavers?

There won't be any grass in our garden, most 45cm pacers and a gravel bit. I don't really want the washing line in the gravel bit as it's what I will look at out of the kitchen window. I'm a bit stumped, any ideas? It's a huge Brabantia one so it needs to be well set in.

monsieurpoirot Fri 28-Apr-17 11:54:41

I think they may cut a diagonal corner off rather than a hole in the middle. But that should be no problem .

PaddedRoomForOnePlease Fri 28-Apr-17 12:41:36

Ok, that sounds sensible, I've been overthinking this! I did consider that but thought it would look a bit odd but I guess with the cement around it, it would blend in. I think we have a slab with a knocked off corner, I'll have a look.

monsieurpoirot Fri 28-Apr-17 15:06:41

Just keep a spare slab so you could always replace it in the future if you want to

ohidoliketobe Fri 28-Apr-17 21:22:17

My house has a hole in the patio for the rotary drier. There's a metal tube in the hole thst the spike of the drier sits into. Not really explaining myself very well, I know. O can't find anything by googling, but it sits very snug. Its right in the middle of a slab. Unfortunately I can't advise how it was done because it was here when we moved it.

fabulousathome Fri 28-Apr-17 21:27:18

Go and look at plastic pipes in your local day shop OP. You need one just a little bit wider to set into the ground. Just buy a small bit or you might see something suitable in a skip in the road!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now