Talk

Advanced search

Realistic Design Ideas...

(6 Posts)
user1484313858 Thu 27-Apr-17 13:09:59

We're just about to complete on the first place my husband and I have owned together and it will need a bit of cosmetic work/we want to change things. It's a decent sized 3 bed detached (1960's) so about as much character as...well nothing. I've been searching on line for inspiration for various rooms (Google Images etc) and everything that comes up basically features lovely/massive homes with either amazing sash windows,high ceilings/beautiful fireplaces/country house/loft type places. All very well and good but nothing like our rather dated and bland 1960's build!

Does anyone know whether there are any sites that actually feature 'normal' houses? I find a lot of the images are possibly American as well, so we would be good to find some UK stuff - at least then the decor/furniture is more accessible to find/buy etc. I keep seeing Pintrest come up on searches but don't really know how to use it?

Just after some realistic inspiration really!

EJC85 Thu 27-Apr-17 13:32:51

I exactly on the same boat as you. Whilst I see loads of beautiful things, they're mostly out of my league. I use Pinterest a lot too. It gets easier the more you play with it. You can create your boards for inspiration and save/pin the things you like onto the corresponding boards.

EJC85 Thu 27-Apr-17 13:34:15

Btw my house is also a 60's blank canvas...watching with interest to see what others will suggest. Good luck with your renovation!

GloriaV Thu 27-Apr-17 13:50:25

google retro curtain fabric and retro 60s furniture.
It would be fun to turn the clock back.

Go to wayfairers.co.uk and search for retro

GloriaV Thu 27-Apr-17 13:51:07

Sorry wayfair.co.uk

NotMeNoNo Thu 27-Apr-17 15:59:39

"Real homes " type magazines are good, especially the more mid market ones. There is always a bias towards cottages and sash window places but often a few modern homes too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now