Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a wireless doorbell?

(11 Posts)
dilapidated Thu 27-Apr-17 11:54:43

I dont want anything too fancy, and think I would prefer something with batteries rather than plug in.

Ideally Id like to be able to switch it off easily as I will be on maternity leave and might want some peace and quiet sometimes.

JakeBallardswife Thu 27-Apr-17 11:56:03

My dog, she alerts you someone is coming before they knock on the door? grin

dilapidated Thu 27-Apr-17 11:57:25

Sounds perfect! Any particular breed? :D

Roussette Thu 27-Apr-17 12:12:48

Every battery doorbell I've had has been absolutely useless. 4 batteries lasting almost weeks before it sounds like a little chick trying to cheep.

Now have a plug in one, and my god I can hear it all over the house, so much better!

JT05 Thu 27-Apr-17 12:17:41

I gave up on all wireless door bells. They chime when no one is at the door, day and night. Presumably set of by a radio frequency, car, mobile phone. And then won't chime when someone is at the door. Hopeless.

powerpuffer Thu 27-Apr-17 12:26:54

We have Wilkinsons wireless doorbell and for £7 it is a bargain. The first one went a little odd where it went off repeatedly after 2 years (it started one Saturday morning at 6am...) but we've replaced the button and now it is fine - I think rain had got into the old one. I'm not sure if you can switch it off but the speakers are wireless so I would just chuck it in a cupboard under a coat to muffle it! grin

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Thu 27-Apr-17 12:30:51

i think lidl have them coming up.

we had one from somewhere, but it was on the courtyard gate, as people think the front door belongs to someone else so they tend to try the back first...that one kept going off, but we are very very exposed and the gate/post was rattly as hell so i think a combination of damp and movement was too much for it.

I guess on a nice steady door frame and somewhere less open they'd be fine.

RedBeanie Thu 27-Apr-17 12:33:04

We got this one from Amazon, no issues in the past 3 years.

But it's not currently available. This seems to have good reviews though and not too pricey.

delilahbucket Thu 27-Apr-17 12:33:47

I have this one
www.amazon.co.uk/Byron-Sentry-BY101-Wireless-Portable/dp/B004OTVDSG?tag=mumsnetforum-21
Had it two and a half years without a single problem. I have one portable battery operated chimer and one plug in chimer.

dilapidated Thu 27-Apr-17 12:49:45

Excellent!

My parents have a lidl one from the last time they sold them and it seems really good. I will see if they have one next time I am there

SimplyTheBreast Thu 27-Apr-17 20:25:37

We have the Argos one. V good and about 7 quid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now