Talk

Advanced search

What colour and paint type?

(8 Posts)
Jenka123 Thu 27-Apr-17 11:31:46

We are decorating our bedroom walls with Dulux Timeless, we have oak doors and we are painting the architraves and skirtings in white eggshell. It is a chalet with several cupboards in the eves. What colour/paint type would you recommend for the cupboard doors? I don't want to make a feature of them though!

dilapidated Thu 27-Apr-17 11:45:43

i would stick with White eggshell for cupboard doors so that all woodwork matched.

Unless you want them to blend in with walls in which case get Timeless colour matched to an egshell

bojorojo Thu 27-Apr-17 20:24:26

White. You can get some great handles if you want to make a feature of them.

wowfudge Thu 27-Apr-17 20:32:51

Same colour as the walls. We have an attic bedroom with lots of eaves cupboards. It would look wrong of they were white and not the same colour as the walls.

Tigerpig Fri 28-Apr-17 09:23:35

Also vote for same colour as your walls, we've just done this in our new house and it looks great.

Skirting boards etc are white, wardrobes/cupboard are the eggshell version of the wall colour.

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 28-Apr-17 16:35:38

Here is our drinks cabinet cupboard built into an alcove and painted Timeless (eggshell) to match the Timeless walls to the left of it.

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 28-Apr-17 16:36:41

By the way the cabinet is kind of in between dining room in Timeless and Kitchen in Shingle (by Neptune)

Jenka123 Sat 29-Apr-17 11:45:44

That does look really nice and I think I have been persuaded. Thank you all for your help. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now