Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Renovation cost

(2 Posts)
elay5 Thu 27-Apr-17 09:09:04

We are doing a complete renovation at a house we just bought, its a complete renovation, house is a 4 bed 2 bath, we are adding one more en suite, in summary

3 bathrooms (using nice tiles porcelanosa, all suspended toilets etc) plus guest toilet, Lusso sink in one and quite a bit of ebay as well, all underfloor heating
New boiler and tank (megaflow type system but not megaflow tank)
New wood flooring downstairs throughout house 90 sq meters
Possibly Farrow and Ball paint
Used struc enginner for wall breaking
Break downstairs wall and insert RSJ etc
Have two builders who are good working over 2 months 120 a day
Carpet stairs and the 4 rooms upstairs and landing
Stair case renovation glass and oak
18 new internal doors from todds
2 skips so far
Suspended ceilings with spot lights everywhere
Hope to convert garage as well to a 2nd living room
Kitchen refresh max spend 1500
New radiators but nothing outrageous as plan to paint them to match walls

House is 2000 sq feet

Spent 30k so far, hope to end at 45 – 47k, looks like up to 50k arghhh, labour about 14k ..........DW and I wondering why are things so expensive

Would like to hear others experience

dilapidated Thu 27-Apr-17 11:43:27

Seems like good value to me.

Ours is approx. 1000sq ft (1 bathroom, kitchen, 2 bed, 2 reception rooms), and cost £20k which included high specification finishes throughout (Burlington bathroom, fired earth tiles, wool berber carpets, engineered oak flooring, german kitchen, bosch appliances, farrow and ball decorating).

We also had about 50% plastered, replaced electrics and updated lights to LED spotlights, had new plumbing (not new rads though) and fixed the existing boiler.

We replaced the front door, but didnt replace any internal doors. Windows were refurbished, not new.

£120 day rate seems very good value for money to me. The only trade we had that was that cheap was the decorator.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now