Talk

Advanced search

Switching form oil to gas central heating

(4 Posts)
Bettycheese Thu 27-Apr-17 08:54:12

Does anyone have experience of switching fron an oil fired boiler to gas combi boiler / central heating and the ballpark cost of this please (possibly including radiators)?.

The scenario I'm specifically interested in is a house on a close where almost everyone else has already changed to gas so I know that there is a supply, but just not piped to this particular house currently.

Thanks.

Hullabaloo31 Thu 27-Apr-17 09:49:00

We've done it in 2 houses now. If you go onto the National Grid website they quote you online for your gas connection, cost depends on distance from the main to your house. Both times we've done it they've been really helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Our quote was around £600 but we have a really long front garden to the path where the main runs.

Boiler and rad costs vary so much depending what you want.

Hullabaloo31 Thu 27-Apr-17 09:49:56

www2.nationalgrid.com/UK/Services/Gas-distribution-connections/New-connections/

Bettycheese Thu 27-Apr-17 09:57:47

Thank you Hullabaloo - unfortunately the National Grid says it doesn't cover our area. I've just found the company that does though.

The initial basic quote (without entering detail) says in the region of £500 - £600 but I'm a little consfused because the estate agent who showed us the property quoted a rough figure of £5000 - I guess this may have included everything i.e supply, boiler, radiators etc (although I fully realise you can't always rely on anything an EA tells you!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now