Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Estate Agent fees, NW London

(10 Posts)
dinkystinky Wed 26-Apr-17 16:08:15

Thinking of putting our house on the market in zone 2 NW London - have had a few valuations in and estate agents are quoting fees of between 1.5% and 2% for sole agency. My DH thinks it should be more in the 1% range so I thought I'd ask the wisdom of MN - anyone selling/on the market able to advise as to the fees being charged?

sunnysouthend Wed 26-Apr-17 20:21:36

NE London here - 1.5%
Just got a brochure through from another agent doing a 1% deal for a limited time, but I think there were strings attached. I reasoned that I wanted to go with the agents I liked the best who I thought would use the best strategy and sell my house quickest for the best price.

sunnysouthend Wed 26-Apr-17 20:22:38

Sorry - 1.5% is sole agency but no fixed term - can get out with no penalty at any time. (Don't want to - they sold it before it was even on the market!)

KevinKeegan Wed 26-Apr-17 21:44:36

West London, haggled and got down to 1.1 sole agent but no other conditions.

dinkystinky Thu 27-Apr-17 16:34:49

Thanks guys - can I ask if its a local agent you went with or one that covers various areas in London?

sunnysouthend Thu 27-Apr-17 16:51:10

Mine is local, only one branch but they really know the area and do well for their clients :-)

Mandolinoparadiso Thu 27-Apr-17 16:54:23

I got three round recently who varied between 1.75 and 0.95 percent. They were all local and well-established. The one I eventually chose was 1% sole agency, tied in for three months, and was the smallest agency, with only three local branches. They were all open to negotiation. I suppose it depends how much they want to sell the property.

Mandolinoparadiso Thu 27-Apr-17 16:55:19

Forgot to say that we're also NW London, zone 2.

Ferrisday Thu 27-Apr-17 16:57:30

They seem to present it as a fixed price, but you can haggle over it

Abetes Thu 27-Apr-17 17:02:30

Definitely worth haggling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now