Talk

Advanced search

Staircase

(12 Posts)
elay5 Wed 26-Apr-17 09:09:21

Currently doing a renovation and want to change staircase, nothing major just glass and wood etc, spoke to a guy from Neville Johnson and he was like any order now would take have a 7 week delivery timeframe, I am looking for something that more the 3 – 4 weeks

Does anyone know a good staircase person that covers Hertfordshire, or someone from ebay that one can order from I am looking for an end product like this www.nevillejohnson.co.uk/staircases/glass/oak-and-glass-stair

dilapidated Wed 26-Apr-17 09:27:55

Stairbox will deliver a staircase quickly but you'll need to find a joiner to fit it for you

elay5 Wed 26-Apr-17 10:12:37

Thanks

elay5 Wed 26-Apr-17 11:10:08

Now all i need is to find a joiner who can fit the staircase in the Hertfordshire area

dilapidated Wed 26-Apr-17 11:40:32

http://davidsaltercarpentry.angelfire.com

dynevoran Wed 26-Apr-17 12:18:45

I have a slightly different staircase but know a little about the process we took of it helps. The stringers were made by a steel fabricator and welded by a welder onsite. We knew way in advance what we needed but there wasn't really a significant lead time. Maybe a weekish. Then the wooden treads were made by a carpenter. That probably took a week all in all. Measuring for the glass took place once the rest was done because there is very little margin for measurement error. The glass took about a week lead time to be cut, delivered and fit from ordering. The individual suppliers are all in East London but I can send details if it helps.

dynevoran Wed 26-Apr-17 12:19:35

Here is the finished staircase.

dynevoran Wed 26-Apr-17 12:22:14

Picture fail. Here it is.

dynevoran Wed 26-Apr-17 12:30:29

Oops 😬😳

dilapidated Wed 26-Apr-17 13:52:13

That's a gorgeous staircase!

purpleprincess24 Wed 26-Apr-17 13:56:53

Please please please don't put in a polished wood staircase.

We did and 6 months later I fell from top to bottom, 3 years in a wheelchair, 15+ surgeries, I'm now registered disabled

When the paramedic was treating me, he said he goes to so many accidents when people have fallen down wooden staircases. We had carpet put in 2 weeks later.

elay5 Wed 26-Apr-17 15:40:37

Sorry purpleprincess
I do plan on having a carpet, just want the glass and wood features etc

Dynevoran
Please provde the details will call them today, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now