Talk

Advanced search

Another Shaker Kitchen Thread!

(9 Posts)
Faffandahalf Tue 25-Apr-17 14:11:46

I have finally finally bought a house (well nearly. Exchange soon)

We are going to do the whole house up with an extension so I can get a new kitchen. Yay.

I am in love with the Devol/Tom Howley style kitchens and would like similar without being too expensive.

Not interested in Ikea/Howdens but instead some independent places or good
Companies that can offer a shaker kitchen but without a £30k price tag.

Any help much appreciated!

wowfudge Tue 25-Apr-17 14:27:39

DIY Kitchens? We have a painted in frame shaker kitchen from them. They don't design though so you'll either need to do that part yourself, pay a kitchen designer or go to a kitchen company for ideas and a quote then use their design.

Faffandahalf Tue 25-Apr-17 16:37:23

Thanks. I have seen them mentioned here often.
Hmmm I'm not very creative and not sure I would come up with the best ideas.
Getting a kitchen company to do a design is good but I would have to remember it I guess as they don't let you have them
Do they?

YorkshireTea86 Tue 25-Apr-17 18:07:36

We got one done by wickes, they gave us the 3d design and it was fairly easy to work outogether what was what. Or if you have a look on houzz there are independent designers, oneplanonhouzz is on here and comes recommended by plenty.
We went to look at diy kitchens on good Friday and they are lovely. Had quote from wickes and howdens and neither came close, wickes was £6k with 50% off and howdens was £3700 but not using blum fittings. Diy is just over £3k with blum drawers and soft close and duropal laminate (one of the better laminates even though my heart cries for silestone!)

wowfudge Tue 25-Apr-17 18:36:34

Ours was done by Magnet and I reproduced the design from the pictures then sense checked it at the DIY Kitchens showroom having used their design pack to make a scale drawing of the room. Or you could pay a kitchen designer and take your design anywhere to get the units needed.

Agoddessonamountaintop Tue 25-Apr-17 18:55:01

We had a design done by an independent local company; they just emailed it to us with their logo on it.
We're considering Handmade Kitchens Direct, in Christchurch, also visited a similar company in Christchurch started by an ex employee, Classic Kitchens I think.
We're still working on the design (improving on the original and another from Unplanned Kitchens), but it'll come in at a lot less than the £25k we were originally quoted.

Honeyandfizz Tue 25-Apr-17 19:17:41

Have you had a look at Pineland? I've heard excellent reviews about them.

oldbirdy Tue 25-Apr-17 19:50:06

We used Kutchenhaus for the units - sturdy, European, come fully assembled- and got a solid oak work surface elsewhere (which we sealed rather than oiling). 2 years on it looks brand new. Kutchenhaus designed and actually no hard sell. Plus they had a little cinema room with videos when the kids had to come along to the showroom!

Ramona75 Thu 27-Apr-17 06:11:36

DIY kitchens were the only ones that gave realistic prices and the units were as good if not better than others that I had seen. If you look in the information centre on their online tour, you can see the units next to Ikeas etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now