Talk

Advanced search

Top tips for easy time with Removal Men - We move this FRIDAY

(5 Posts)
loveyouradvice Sun 23-Apr-17 16:59:47

Hi all ... what are your top tips? It's 20 years since we moved house... and we now have teenage DD and lots of stuff... moving 4 bed house to smaller 4 bed house...

What are your top tips? What did you do that really worked? What would you have done differently?

I'm keen everything ends up in the right room - ideally in the right place... Any ideas about what works for labelling stuff? I think there's about 6 or 7 removal men coming - one day to pack, one day to move...

JT05 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:25:48

The removal men will be super helpful if you have a continuous supply of good quality biscuits and tea.
If they are doing the packing they usually label the boxes themselves with the room the items were packed in.

Chottie Sun 23-Apr-17 18:27:39

Don't forget to tip them.

I second lots of tea and biscuits and buns and bacon sarnies.......

Indaba Mon 24-Apr-17 22:25:29

Be nice.

Be ready (ie tidy).

Have pre packed suitcases with stuff you do not want packed before they arrive (ie stuff for your first 3 days in new place)....you do not want to be running round on the day saying ..."oh pack that, but do not pack that"

Have a sense of humour smile

LittleBearPad Mon 24-Apr-17 22:27:34

Soft drinks as well as tea and biscuits.

Keep out their way. Their packing is incredibly efficient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now