Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen sink recommendations please!

(7 Posts)
pixiebaby23 Sun 23-Apr-17 16:36:12

Next decision for our new kitchen project is.. two sinks.

One will be a single one, the other a small one near the hob (for draining pasta etc).

We haven't decided whether to have an undermount or inset, nor material or colour.

It needs to be easy to clean and one that will look good for several years as we plan on moving in about 5 years.

Please give me your recommendations! And ones to avoid.

Thanks!

pixiebaby23 Sun 23-Apr-17 16:37:39

The counters will be black granite with a cashmere modern gloss kitchen and stainless steel appliances btw.

bouncydog Sun 23-Apr-17 17:27:12

Franke stainless steel undermout. Have had Franke sinks for years and stainless steel sink and tap in my utility is still fine at over 20 years old!

pixiebaby23 Sun 23-Apr-17 17:37:22

Thank you! I'll have a look at those.

SoMuchWaiting Sun 23-Apr-17 19:02:21

Avoid a ceramic sink. I had one which looked amazing at first but it was always getting dirty, it was so difficult to keep it looking clean, it was like a magnet for every tiny speck of dirt in our kitchen. We now have a stainless steel one again and my cleaning habits haven't changed at all but the sink now looks much cleaner. I know I said 'looks cleaner' but I think that it actually IS cleaner. It's so hard to describe but the ceramic one was a nightmare.

cashmerecardigans Sun 23-Apr-17 20:11:51

Another vote for Franke stainless undermounted. We have this under black granite and it's still fab 11 years on

QuitMoaning Sun 23-Apr-17 21:00:51

We are probably going with a schocke waterfall sink. Seen one in a showroom and we fell in love with it.
Going for black on a black surface.

Probably.
Well that is today's choice anyway, tomorrow I will probably decide a different combination.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now