Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Silestone or granite costs

(8 Posts)
Shadowboy Sun 23-Apr-17 12:28:50

Out of interest how much did you pay for someone to fit a reasonable quality kitchen worktop in silestone or granite with upstands. Total worktop is a u shape and I would say ads up to 4.5 metres.

jenks81 Sun 23-Apr-17 15:01:59

We paid £2750 but that was without upstands. Worth every penny though as I absolutely love it.

jenks81 Sun 23-Apr-17 15:02:18

Sorry should have said that was for granite.

didireallysaythat Sun 23-Apr-17 15:07:09

Silestone has several different scales of cost - our island was band 6 i think and substantially more expensive than the work surface which was band 1 but longer.

OP you wanted costs for fitting not the materials ? For us it was bundled into the templating and delivery costs, and around £200 (2 months ago)

Bearbehind Sun 23-Apr-17 15:22:25

I'm looking at similar and have had quotes between £2k and £4k depending on the actual stone chosen. The templating and fitting is included in the price.

It seems a false economy to me to have it made and fitted by different people.

Shadowboy Sun 23-Apr-17 17:05:49

Sorry I worded that really badly- the stone and fitting included. We've been quoted £4.6k and that sounded a heck of a lot!

Bearbehind Sun 23-Apr-17 17:08:00

From what I've learned silestone is an expensive brand. You can get practically the same for much less.

didireallysaythat Sun 23-Apr-17 20:31:11

The lower price band silestone surfaces can be found under other names. However the top band ones maybe not (i couldn't find anything vaguely similar). Our supplier discounted the cheap one which offset the more expensive one. But i can't recommend them - they were shambolic. The final surfaces look ok but i would have paid more not to have to deal with idiots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now