Talk

Advanced search

Buying lights online

(5 Posts)
ShortLass Sat 22-Apr-17 15:09:45

Has anyone done this?

There are quite a few websites out there. I like the look of lights.co.uk and lumidora.com and thelightingsuperstore.co.uk

But I have no idea of quality, just the pictures, and they are not a known and trusted site like Amazon or John Lewis.

Lights.co.uk seem to have a good returns policy and I thought I could order several styles and return the ones I didn't like (like buying clothes!), but I'm a bit nervous in using an unknown site.

Lumidora are in the Netherlands, which could be something to be wary of, but they sell to the UK and have such a good range.

Experiences welcome.

BillyButtfuck Sat 22-Apr-17 15:46:14

I recently purchased a pirate shop light for our play room from this company.
I was hesitant at first but I would recommend them all day long. Quick responses to queries, great quality and I ordered it about 5pm and it was delivered the next morning.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 22-Apr-17 16:02:50

If/when Brexit happens will people in the UK be able to get the light bulbs that were banned by the EU a couple of years ago?

NotMeNoNo Sat 22-Apr-17 20:17:06

If it's a good brand like Dar or astro then it doesn't really matter where you buy the box from. Online suppliers mostly stock same brands. The wall lights we got from John Lewis are by Astro so we could have bought online.

wowfudge Sat 22-Apr-17 20:47:09

I recently bought some Astro lights from a retailer with an online presence purely because they were the cheapest I could find. I also got some track lights from a retailer with an eBay shop - I rang them direct because I had a query and got a hefty discount off the eBay prices. Next day delivery too. What's not to like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now