Talk

Advanced search

Neff point and twist induction hob....

(12 Posts)
Peanuts79 Sat 22-Apr-17 14:17:06

I'm afraid there are likely to be many questions on my hunt for my dream kitchen. Today I went into kitchen place feeling pretty confident I wanted a gas hob however was shown a neff induction hob boiling water with a fancy magnet point and twist control! I wonder if I am getting carried away with the magnet more than anything as the price is substantially more - any thoughts, anyone got one? Rein me in please....

wowfudge Sat 22-Apr-17 14:35:53

We have just replaced a gas hob and single electric oven with an induction range. Whilst the kitchen work has been going on I've had a single induction hob and the speed is impressive plus you just give it a wipe over to clean, no pan supports or other gubbins to get greasy.

madasamarchhare Sat 22-Apr-17 14:41:12

I have exactly this and love it. Perfectly easy to use and clean. Consider whether you want flexible zones which will enable you to use larger griddle pans etc over a larger surface. Would never buy anything
Other than induction now.

Peanuts79 Sat 22-Apr-17 17:12:52

All sounds positive, going on my list! Thank you!

bouncydog Sat 22-Apr-17 20:18:41

Another vote for the neff induction hob. It's fabulous - you can individually set the timer for each zone so nothing gets forgotten. Easy to clean as well. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Ours is an 800 rather than the standard 600 and it makes a big difference. You can also take the knob off so if you have children no danger of them accidentally switching it on.

namechangedtoday15 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:34:31

Yes the magnet is fab - just make sure whoever cleans up on Christmas Day realises what it is and doesn't throw it away by mistake and you only realise, with your 10 guests having arrived for lunch on Boxing Day, when you go to use the hob.

CurlyMango Sat 22-Apr-17 21:19:22

We have this. It's fab, now three and a half years old and no problems. Love it.

Peanuts79 Sun 23-Apr-17 09:24:46

Eeek throwing the magnet away doesn't sound good. I was totally in the dark ages till the guy showed me this and spoke about individually timed areas, sounded to good to be true. I think he showed me the wider one with a flex zone at each side. I'm guessing can be inserted flush with the worktop too which is another selling point, plus as our hob currently runs off calor gas bottles in the garden a no brainer now seen your positive comments - thank you.

pdunne Sun 23-Apr-17 10:28:28

There are lots of other induction hobs with flexi zones and individual zone timers too if you're worried about the magnet thing. We have an AEG that doesn't have a flexi zone (although a more expensive one does), but does have the individual zone timers.

SallyGinnamon Sun 23-Apr-17 10:38:08

Sorry. I hate mine. I didn't want any touch stuff so compromised on the point and twist.

It's a real prima Donna. When a pan has steam drip down it can start squealing. Same if you wipe it over with a cloth a bit too damp. It also switches itself off if you brush past it sometimes.

Induction itself isn't the issue really. It's the bloody touch thing. I just couldn't find any hob with proper knobs and got talked into it.

doyouthinkso Sun 23-Apr-17 15:19:52

I LOVE my neff induction with the magnet thing. It is soooo easy to keep clean and easy to control temperature

nutmegandginger Mon 24-Apr-17 15:20:59

I love our point and twist - have had it about 6 months now. I much prefer the magnet mechanism to the touch-only ones that a lot of manufacturers make - much easier to use. If you have an extractor fan with any metal on it above the hob, just stick the magnet to that when you clean the hob - then it will never get lost. Very easy to clean. We have the 800mm one with flex zones at the side, which is great for making gravy in a roasting tin etc.
I was a bit suspicious of induction having had the world's worst electric hob before, and wondered whether it would be as good as gas but am now so glad that we don't have gas. I find induction as fast to respond as gas, but so much safer (especially if you have young children - I can let my 2 year old DD stand on her little stool and help me stir a pot, which there's no way I would do with a gas flame).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now