Talk

Advanced search

What would you do to this house?

(28 Posts)
Mymothersdaughter Thu 20-Apr-17 18:53:01

http://m.charlesbarnard.co.uk/residential/property/43320331

Love this house, can't believe it's £300k for 5 bedrooms. Obviously not buying it but dreaming of what I'd do with it if I did. I think it has so much potential.

What do you think of it? What would you do with it if it was yours?

PippaFawcett Thu 20-Apr-17 18:54:31

It just like a bog standard new build to me. I think when you buy them, all you need to do is decorate to your own taste and unpack!

PollyPerky Thu 20-Apr-17 19:58:55

Can't access any details- says 'Denied'! That's a new one for an EA!!!!

It looks old and tatty outside- any better links?

wowfudge Thu 20-Apr-17 20:00:55

It looks austere and a bit soulless to me! For a house that size I'd want the outside space to be bigger too. The kitchen needs updating.

NotAPuffin Thu 20-Apr-17 20:02:29

Don't like it. Badly proportioned rooms, cheaply finished, radiators too small for the rooms so will need replacing. Could have been much nicer.

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 20-Apr-17 20:02:46

Not for me - tiny downstairs space compared to bedrooms/bathrooms.

It is a bog standard newbuild. Would rather have something with more character but each to their own.

didireallysaythat Thu 20-Apr-17 21:32:55

Depressing. With a depressing garden.

PuntCuffin Thu 20-Apr-17 21:38:55

It's not really 5 bedrooms either. 5th bedroom (bedroom 4 on plan) is miniscule, you might get a toddler bed in it, but it is really the study. It has a Jack and Jill bathroom off it as well <shudder>.
And it is over 3 floors.
Big nope from me.

heffalumpshavewrinkles Thu 20-Apr-17 21:45:09

Interested to hear what you would do with it OP? Terrible layout!

Lilmisskittykat Thu 20-Apr-17 21:54:00

That camera lens makes your eyes go funny.. guessing its a small cramped house?

neonrainbow Thu 20-Apr-17 22:00:27

No character and not really any way to inject any either. Kitchen is not very nice so id have to replace that but to be honest none of it is to my taste and i got bored by the 3rd picture.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Thu 20-Apr-17 22:02:47

I kind of like the doll's house front but don't like the front door opening on to the road. The car access seems to be round the back down an alley.
It's got a bit of an identity crisis, it's pretending to be faux Georgian outside and its dull new build inside.
But then again I guess most people would find my house a bit meh

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 20-Apr-17 22:03:59

It's not great

LookAtTheFlowersKerry Thu 20-Apr-17 22:07:36

The rooms are all narrow and cramped. And it's not really a 5bed either, you'd need the living space so it's a three and a half bed.

The layout wouldn't work for me at all. But I live in a 'soulless new build' that I utterly adore, so it's horses for courses, innit.

Silverdream Thu 20-Apr-17 22:10:07

Beige overload with no character. I'd need to alter walls as rooms down stairs are odd sizes. Get rid of over the top wall paper. It needs starting from scratch.

MiltopMighty Thu 20-Apr-17 22:13:18

I agree that it is soulless - it is also dark and the kitchen is dire. Cheap builder's grade fixtures and nothing of any interest - very mundane.

Mymothersdaughter Thu 20-Apr-17 22:25:40

Oh! I'm really surprised, I think it's lovely especially the dolls house front confused I have driven past it though so maybe it looks better IRL. It is big on the outside.

Think I would make it more traditional looking, try and give it a cottagy feel or completely different and make it regal. It just seemed to capture my imagination! I agree it is dull as it is though... the kitchen is hmm

purplehonesty Thu 20-Apr-17 22:27:55

I would open up a lot of the rooms they are so narrow.
Could make that lovely but Garden is v small

MissDuke Thu 20-Apr-17 23:11:33

I genuinely thought the op was being sarcastic when I clicked the link blush sorry op, I cannot see any appeal to this house at all. Poky rooms, small garden, unpleasant look to the exterior. I would hate three floors too.

Mymothersdaughter Thu 20-Apr-17 23:19:13

Haha I shall re-evaluate my tastes! Or higher my standards :-/

MissDuke Thu 20-Apr-17 23:35:19

The heart wants what it wants grin

MissDuke Thu 20-Apr-17 23:38:36

I guess your op made it sound like this would be your dream house if money were no object, maybe that is why some of us are a bit meh about it.

Also where I live you could have this for 15k less.....
www.propertynews.com/Property/Dromore/SRS670489/10-Magheraconluce-Road/415857921/

JT05 Fri 21-Apr-17 07:30:19

Not to my taste. Internal fittings look cheap, very small garden for the proportions of the house.
On the plus side, lots of bathrooms, if you like cleaning loos.

scaryteacher Fri 21-Apr-17 10:03:32

No futility room, don't bother. If you want Georgian, then buy Georgian and get the right proportions.

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Fri 21-Apr-17 10:19:20

I would knock rooms through as so many are pokey. I would remove all feature walls. The garden is drab and needs landscaping and planting.
I don't think I like it very much tbh but that means fuck all in the scheme of things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now