Talk

Advanced search

How unprepared am I?

(7 Posts)
ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Thu 20-Apr-17 12:15:18

Ok so I am moving house 300 miles away next Friday. Realistically, how packed should my house be right now? shockshockshock

MidnightSheep Thu 20-Apr-17 12:21:49

Ummm.....very packed! Get a firm in it to do it or depending on number of rooms to pack do a room/two rooms a day til the day before. Get friends into help (pay them
In wine - just not too much whilst packing)
Get wardrobe boxes for clothes - straight out of the wardrobe into a box and out again at the other end.

Colour code and label the boxes - say which rooms they are for in the new house, e.g. Red =kitchen.

Keep some glasses and mugs, the kettle tea, coffee, sugar, milk and squash to hand. Moving is thirsty work! Have PJ's and a spare pair of clothes in a small bag for everyone - moving is tiring work!

Good luck - sure it'll be fine!

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Thu 20-Apr-17 13:47:23

Thank you! Ok so I'm not packed but not in too bad a shape! Got no address to move to yet so will be at my mums for a few days, house stuff going into storage! I'm slowly getting through everything and have a plan of action so fingers crossed it'll all work out!

mychildrenarebarmy Thu 20-Apr-17 13:55:23

When you are packing have a colour coded labelling system to distinguish between things you need at your Mum's and things that will be stored.

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Thu 20-Apr-17 14:39:17

Ooh good idea! I'm thinking of just having suitcases at mums first, like we do when we stay with her normally. But like the colour coding for items that we will need as soon as we get a rental to make sure they are put at the front of the storage container! Thanks!

mychildrenarebarmy Thu 20-Apr-17 15:04:39

No problem. I've made a similar move recently and was very relieved I had labelled boxes in a way that meant I could find things I needed. Clothes, toiletries, devices, a couple of books, paperwork for changes of address/proof of id all spring to mind.

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Thu 20-Apr-17 20:04:53

Brilliant thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now