Talk

Advanced search

DIY course

(8 Posts)
Misty9 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:56:41

Has anyone done one? Am considering signing up to a college course on diy (only 5 Saturdays) but is it worth it? I want to rely less on getting "a man in" smile

wowfudge Tue 18-Apr-17 23:08:22

Do it - if nothing else it will teach you how to use tools properly and the basics of safe DIY. This will give you the confidence to give things a try and could save you quite a bit of money.

johnd2 Wed 19-Apr-17 11:01:14

Definitely worth it if you have the time! You won't regret it.

Cookingongas Wed 19-Apr-17 11:04:21

Do it.

I haven't done one- but I did change my career from academia to plumbing on nothing but a whim, (with absolutely no idea at the time as to which was a wrench and which a spanner- let alone any other expertise) and just the knowledge of tools/ safety / equipment etc transfers into everyday life (you'll also learn how much people overcharge for things)

It's brilliant being able to do it all myself.

Monkeybunkey Wed 19-Apr-17 12:06:22

Another vote for do it here. I did a basic plumbing course (10 weeks, one evening per week) and absolutely loved it. I've also now got fully functioning bath taps at home as opposed to a dribble from the cold tap and was so chuffed when I repaired it myself!

mselastic Wed 19-Apr-17 18:54:27

I want to learn DIY and there are no courses by me. Where is this course on saturday?

MaidenMotherCrone Wed 19-Apr-17 19:04:10

Everything you need to know is on YouTube.

I'd save your money and spend time watching those.

I've done plumbing, tiling, fitting a bath, laying a rubber floor, decorating, hanging doors and lots more all by watching YouTube.

And I did them really well😇

Misty9 Wed 19-Apr-17 21:56:57

Local college in norwich. I couldn't even learn to crochet from YouTube...I think face to face might be better for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now