Talk

Advanced search

Moving Gas Meter in London with National Grid

(4 Posts)
PJM12 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:02:16

Has anyone had a gas meter moved recently by National Grid ? If so how long did you have to wait between initially contacting them and having the work done ? I need to have my meter moved 1.5 meter.

Indaba Tue 18-Apr-17 19:00:46

Am not in London but just going through this in Somerset. Took a week for local gas provider to come and quote, and they could do work 4 weeks later. Make sure it's actual gas provider doing it, not just people who bill you for your gas as it's cheaper. Not sure that helps at all but best bet is to call them especially if other building work dependant on it.

PJM12 Wed 19-Apr-17 00:45:06

Thanks for the reply. I contacted National Grid today and they can move it up to 5 meters for around 1450GBP but I got about 1/3 discount as my builder will dig the trench for the new pipe. So Ive paid 947GBP and await their site survey.

Indaba Wed 19-Apr-17 15:45:01

Now you have got shopping opportunities/quandries......nothing is simple when it comes to houses....wall flat hung, flush floor finish, wall mounted box.......I was given about 6 different options 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now