Talk

Advanced search

Loft conversion lighting,what do you have?

(11 Posts)
conkerpods Mon 17-Apr-17 18:33:26

Hi,so our quote has just a single light included in the room in our loft. Do most people go for downlights instead?Or is one light in the middle good enough?
The room will be our bedroom (standard loft with dorma).

ladypie21 Mon 17-Apr-17 18:37:49

We have a single light. Recessed don't feel right in a bedroom imo. We also have bedside lamps and the room feels like it has plenty of light. The bedroom is 5m x 3.5m so a decent double.

TinklyLittleLaugh Mon 17-Apr-17 18:38:04

Not a loft conversion but a three story house with a bedroom in the roof. We have a single light in the centre. But we have one with a fan incorporated into it. Our loft can get very hot in the summer but the fan makes it okay.

glitterglitters Mon 17-Apr-17 18:42:39

Spotlights, split into three "sections" and beside lamps in ours x

glitterglitters Mon 17-Apr-17 18:43:10

There's about 9 spotlights including an angled one above my dressing table

Miniwookie Mon 17-Apr-17 18:47:59

We have central lights in ours, but flush ones as the ceiling height isn't that high and DH and I are over 6ft.

Miniwookie Mon 17-Apr-17 18:49:34

If I was doing the loft myself I would have had dimmable recessed spots, angled to bounce light off the walls, plus lamps.

Svalberg Mon 17-Apr-17 21:34:20

We have 7 recessed LED spotlights - gives good light coverage especially in winter.

BernieKosar Mon 17-Apr-17 21:43:04

We have 3 ceiling lights. They're very flush due to the low ceiling - we also have lots of lamps as it's a big room with sleeping, reading and sitting areas (sort of).

conkerpods Mon 17-Apr-17 21:45:30

Thanks everyone.

HalfCarrot Mon 17-Apr-17 22:02:52

If the ceiling is reasonable height then pendants but if it's quite low then recessed spots but with the intention of always using lamps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now