Talk

Advanced search

New Malden

(4 Posts)
BlueBell85 Mon 17-Apr-17 16:04:35

Hello - My fiancé and I are looking to buy our first home. I work in Richmond and need access to a train and my fiancé works in central London. We are thinking of buying a flat in New Malden. I noticed a few years back someone asked about what the vibe was like, and once again wanted to see what people's thoughts were. We are first time buyers and are definitely priced out of where we currently live, Wimbledon. We have visited a few times and like it, but want to make sure we are investing in a nice area. Thank you!

pdunne Tue 18-Apr-17 19:55:20

Hi, I grew up in New Malden and now live in Wimbledon. It's a nice leafy area with Richmond Park pretty easy to get to for walks/cycles if you're at the North end and it has things like a swimming pool and fairly decent high street.

There isn't quite as much to do in the town itself as there is in Wimbledon, but you're very close to Kingston by bus and town by train. One thing to note given what you said is that there's no direct train to Richmond and the train part of the journey will be about half an hour changing at Clapham Junction, although that's much the same as you have currently in Wimbledon.

pdunne Wed 19-Apr-17 20:13:10

Just realised that some of the trains do go direct to Richmond albeit by not the fastest route.

BlueBell85 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:58:38

Thank you so much pdunne. It is helpful having insight from someone who grew up there. I will have to keep the commute in mind!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now