Talk

Advanced search

Pantry drawers on runners. How far apart should they be?

(3 Posts)
Draylon Mon 17-Apr-17 14:10:48

here - look at the other small thumbnail image.

We currently have this but one side is against a frikken wall, so you can only access the contents from one side.

DH says we should buy the same number of drawers as this pull out insert has, but I think that the ease of accessing the contents from above as you open each individual drawer means we could maybe fit one more drawer in? I feel the gap between two drawers only needs to be tall enough for our tallest item, which would be a cereal box.

What do you think?

PigletJohn Mon 17-Apr-17 16:16:34

you only need one or two deep drawers. Say, one at the bottom for your kitchen machine and your Christmas pans, that hardly ever get used, and sacks of petfood or potatoes; one tall one for cornflakes and bottles, the rest I think should be smaller because you will have cans and jars, bags of flour and pasta, and you don't want them piled on top of each other.

really small things, like spice jars, need a door rack or something, or they will be forgotten out of sight.

I'm not too keen on the 300mm wide units, because it can be difficult to see or reach what's at the back.

Draylon Tue 18-Apr-17 19:48:20

Thanks. I am almost thinking we should get more drawers so I can lie cans down so we can read the labels!! And have more drawers!

Mad, me grin.

I am hoping that being able to pull the drawers out wide will allow me to see all of the contents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now