Talk

Advanced search

Lighting, theme round the house or random?

(3 Posts)
Fragola76 Mon 17-Apr-17 12:35:12

Hi all

refurbishing a whole house and changing all the lighting. I was wondering how people go about it. If you have more than one bathroom would you pick the same lights for every bathroom for example? Or would you pick the same style from the entrance hall and then up the stairs and landings? Or would that be too much?

I'm wondering as, although i wasn't particularly thinking of matching lighting at the start, sometimes it's just easier once you have found a style you like to just go with it but a bit worried about overdoing it!

Looking forward to your thoughts
F

user1491572121 Tue 18-Apr-17 05:47:14

I would never choose matching lights unless it were for example a bunch or row of three above a kitchen table.

Each area should be thought of as it's own space. So what is practical in a hallway, won't be in the sitting room.

Your personal taste will also dictate things. Is it a new house? A period house? These all matter.

BreezyThursday Tue 18-Apr-17 13:58:13

We've got a Victorian house and just had fancy glass shades put in downstairs to match the tiled hallway, but £1.50 paper shades upstairs landing as it's just white and carpeted. Each area looks fine by itself; would never think of matching the bathrooms to each other!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now