Talk

Advanced search

What colour are your kitchen's kickboards?

(10 Posts)
honeyroar Sat 15-Apr-17 21:51:17

We have cream kitchen units, wooden work surfaces and terracotta coloured floor. I wanted dark brown kick boards (don't show dirt as much - we are a small holding with three dogs..) but all we can seem to find is black gloss or cream. Just wondering what everyone else has, especially with your cream kitchens. Leaving them without boards is not an option - dog hair and hundreds of dog balls seem to get under there daily!

PETRONELLAS Sat 15-Apr-17 21:53:25

Have them to match the units. They're not a decorative feature IMO. My dark floor shows up hair, crumbs, fluff etc.

Fourbyfour Sat 15-Apr-17 21:54:02

Mine are the same colour as my units, a light taupe colour. You shouldn't be stuck with black gloss or cream, if you sand and prime you could paint with any thing. An oil based Eggshell would be wipe clean.

OohNoDooEy Sat 15-Apr-17 21:58:57

We've got taupe too

pin.it/4CW7Skt

OwlOfBrown Sat 15-Apr-17 21:59:22

Oak - the same as my kitchen units.

Bluntness100 Sun 16-Apr-17 06:49:07

Cream, the same as the units..

wonkylegs Sun 16-Apr-17 07:11:14

I've got oak the same as my units but I have a client I've done white units with oak kick boards and oak worktop it looks very nice.

choppednutaddict Sun 16-Apr-17 07:58:18

We have white doors and wild oak laminate (it's photographed and textured so very authentic looking) easy to maintain.
Granite worktop

CountMagnus Sun 16-Apr-17 09:15:09

B&Q do oak, walnut and cherry effect continuous plinths, would one of those match your worktop?

honeyroar Sun 16-Apr-17 12:04:14

Thanks. I'm going to have to go and look at B&Q, my husband went and said he could only see cream and black gloss!

I don't want brown for a decor statement, I want it because when three wet dogs shake or wag their tails it leaves tiny drops of mud all over the white units and I don't want to have to wipe down the skirting boards all the time as well as the unit doors! (Lazy!) we had brown kickboards on our last kitchen and it worked well. Ideally we need darker doors too, but it's a very old house with mullion windows and thick stone walls, so needs the light colours or it looks dark.

Pic from before flooring went in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now