Talk

Advanced search

White tiles with dark grout. Anyone done this?

(64 Posts)
loonieleftie Sat 15-Apr-17 10:40:54

Thinking of white metro tiles above the sink with dark grout. How does it look?? Thank you. smile

AliciaMayEmory Sat 15-Apr-17 10:42:18

We've done this in our hallway and I'm really pleased with it, plus it stops the grout getting all grotty looking.

Shortdarkandfeisty Sat 15-Apr-17 10:43:32

I've seen this in a house magazine recently, I think it looks great

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sat 15-Apr-17 10:44:11

White kitchen wall tiles with black grout. Looks fab!!

loonieleftie Sat 15-Apr-17 10:44:53

Oh good. Did you go full on black or grey Alicia?

Shortdarkandfeisty Sat 15-Apr-17 10:45:03

Although I just searched on google images and I think I prefer white grout tbh

Monkeypuzzle32 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:45:15

We've got white metro tiles with dark grey grout in our bathroom-looks great I think and no problem with the white grout going dirty!

HeadFullofSteam Sat 15-Apr-17 10:45:19

We did it in our bathroom. Looks quite utilitarian but I love that about it.

We also did it in the kitchen with a lighter grey grout, love it too.

Jellybean85 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:45:45

Oooh not done it in my own home but seen it In a restaurant and thought what a great way to stop tiles
Looking grotty!!

Looked sort of like this pic and I loved it

loonieleftie Sat 15-Apr-17 10:49:30

Yes jellybean That's what I'm after. Just wondered if it's a cold look iyswim. Kitchen is already all white!

Ferrisday Sat 15-Apr-17 11:22:08

I much.prefer the white grout
It's a different look, much softer look
Depends what you want
My grout doesnt get dirty!

Mermaidinthesea123 Sat 15-Apr-17 11:24:16

Yes it's lovely, I have them in my bathroom, dark grey though not black which looks a bit tacky.

Ferrisday Sat 15-Apr-17 11:27:41

I think it's a more industrial look, not necessarily cold

Truckingalong Sat 15-Apr-17 11:30:06

I did it in a previous flat I owned. Medium grey grout and white mosaic tiles. Did it myself too!!

LozzaChops101 Sat 15-Apr-17 11:35:32

Aye I have white metro tiles with medium grey grout, I like the industrial feel of it! I love dark grout, a friend of mine has blue/green bathroom tiles with very dark grout and it looks beautiful.

coldcanary Sat 15-Apr-17 11:36:58

We've got white tiles with black grout in the kitchen and it looks really good.

AliciaMayEmory Sat 15-Apr-17 12:27:43

Sorry, should have said our tiles on on the floor, hence the grotty grout! We went for a dark grey grout and since then have always used a darker grout.

Truckingalong Sat 15-Apr-17 12:28:20

This has just popped up on my Instagram feed. You're in good company!

MissDuke Sat 15-Apr-17 12:52:33

I personally don't like it, I think it looks like public toilets. Though I love the mosiac tiles above, I think you can get away with it with smaller tiles. I don't really like metro tiles anyway but then I personally don't like the industrial look or whatever the right word is :-/ I am more of a country kitchen type person old fashioned and boring

Monkeypuzzle32 Sat 15-Apr-17 12:56:46

This our bathroom, it is very utilitarian I suppose but I like that look for bathrooms, we've got small dark grey and white tiles on the floor and dark wood vintage mirror and medicine cabinet .

loonieleftie Sat 15-Apr-17 12:57:58

Most pictures I've seen tend to have some wood or a plant in the vicinity, I suppose this softens it a bit.

loonieleftie Sat 15-Apr-17 12:59:08

Great to see the pictures from everyone, really helpful to see actual tiles in real homes!

chopchopchop Sat 15-Apr-17 13:07:37

We did it in our bathroom, and it's still looking good three years on, very much like Jellybean's picture, with the flatter tiles rather than metro and grey rather than black grout.

We had slightly satiny tiles as well which does make it look a bit less antiseptic.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 15-Apr-17 13:07:47

My kitchen ones are white with black grout, to tie in with the the black work-tops. I like it, regardless of those above calling it tacky <rude> grin

TheoriginalLEM Sat 15-Apr-17 13:10:39

Do has done this for clients. It looks great but it is very unforgiving of wonky grouting and uneven gaps soworth spending some time practicing or getting a professional in to do the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now