Talk

Advanced search

Which Kitchen?

(7 Posts)
YorkshireTea86 Sat 15-Apr-17 08:06:38

I'm torn between two different styles of kitchens and can't decide which one to get! Went to the showroom yesterday and still can't decide, neither can dh. Although he also through a different colour into the mix as he said he likes the cashmere colour (in the shaker picture) whereas I like white.
Help me decide either matt slab or matt shaker!

thethoughtfox Sat 15-Apr-17 09:20:03

The first one looks old fashioned and dare I say a little cheap to me. The second is lovely. I like the cashmere colour too. Apparently all white gloss kitchens are on the way out fashion wise ( although I still want one for my almost purchased new house) I know yours is matt. Definitely get the second one.

Jellybean85 Sat 15-Apr-17 09:20:25

Shaker is very common ( mine is shaker, I kind of regret it blush) slab looks gorgeous. Nice clean lines grin

wowfudge Sat 15-Apr-17 10:36:38

I like a more traditional type kitchen myself, but then we live in an old house. The curved units on the slab kitchen give it a very distinct look. They are available in the other one too from DIY.

YorkshireTea86 Sat 15-Apr-17 11:16:03

We won't be having any of the curved units in the design unfortunately.
Would it look OK with cashmere wall units and tall oven housing and white base units? I know it's normally light units at the top but we're only having 3 wall units on one side.

YorkshireTea86 Sat 15-Apr-17 11:16:18

We won't be having any of the curved units in the design unfortunately.
Would it look OK with cashmere wall units and tall oven housing and white base units? I know it's normally light units at the top but we're only having 3 wall units on one side.

HomeExtender Sat 15-Apr-17 19:28:43

I'm going for modern shaker with light worktop. We too like both styles but like the fact with wood you can touch it up if needed & repaint a different colour in future years. Also purchasing from DIY.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now