Talk

Advanced search

Internal doors different colours on each side

(12 Posts)
ANiceSliceOfCake Fri 14-Apr-17 13:26:02

Would this look ok? We are decorating the landing and I fancy a dark grey door. But not all the bedrooms would suit a dark grey door. So would it look ok having the bedroom sides white and the landing sides grey?

Catdogcat Fri 14-Apr-17 13:29:57

In my opinion, it would look odd.

We have one odd door on our landing that was put in by the previous owner and it drives me mad.

But then again you're the one who has to look at it and if you don't think it would bother you then that's your choice.

7to25 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:06:57

That would be absolutely fine.
You are painting two of the four sides white and two grey .....there are rules and you will need to google

7to25 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:09:47

Looked it up.
The hinge edge is the grey and the lock edge is the same as the bedroom.

Bluntness100 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:15:21

I think it will look weird if you don't keep the doors shut yes, if the doors tend to be open or ajar, it would not look so good. If they are kept shut it would be fine.

minipie Fri 14-Apr-17 14:15:59

Remember if you keep the door open most of the time, you will actually be seeing the landing colour in the bedroom iyswim.

Personally I wouldn't (but then I'm a white woodwork purist)

Catdogcat Fri 14-Apr-17 14:22:47

I realise now I totally misunderstood. What you're suggesting would look fine.

I thought you meant having the landing sides different colours.

slinks off embarrassed

ANiceSliceOfCake Fri 14-Apr-17 20:00:18

It's ok catdog I confuse myself sometimes grin

I've had a google and a look on Pinterest and see what you mean about doing the sides of the doors, they all open in so thinking about it they should look ok. Thank you!

AnneofGreenGablesAgain Sat 15-Apr-17 20:31:24

We did this - looked fine

PigletJohn Sat 15-Apr-17 21:00:57

well done 7to25!

it means that even when the door is somewhat ajar, people on each side can only see one colour.

PossumInAPearTree Sat 15-Apr-17 21:04:34

Dds bedroom door is white on her side and pine in the landing side. Looks fine even when ajar.

Indaba Sun 16-Apr-17 12:39:16

Most front doors are two colours. Not an issue imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now