Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Good online suppliers

(4 Posts)
Whattodowithaminute Thu 13-Apr-17 21:39:45

We are starting a moderate jouse renovations with new kitchen, dining room, bathrooms and internal painting and decorating will need most fixtures and fittings; taps, appliances, sinks, lights, switches as well as curtains, blinds curtain poles. We are going to need to get things joy motion quickly as renting whilst doing the renovations.

Any recommendations on good online stores to source some of the above? What would it cut costs on versus make sure you spend on?

wowfudge Thu 13-Apr-17 22:15:45

I have gone for well-known quality brands then shopped around for the cheapest suppliers online. Quite a bit has come from eBay retailers. I've also used Which? reviews to decide which makes and models to go for.

ShortLass Fri 14-Apr-17 08:56:19

Appliances: ao.com

Kitchen: diy-kitchens.com

For bathrooms, plumber recommended local plumbing merchant who talked me through everything and came up with good prices. Their advice was invaluable and no need to go online (don't go to shop with big showroom and uninterested staff).

Tiles I also went to local shop as I wanted to see them in person. My builders agree they do good tiles at good prices.

Justanothernameonthepage Fri 14-Apr-17 11:43:07

Curtains, Terry's Fabrics. (Have always been impressed). Tiles, Tile mountain. Local carpet shop undercut some of the big places by 50%. Lights I'm getting some debenham ones (I was surprised by how reasonable they were).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now