Talk

Advanced search

Radiant electric underfloor heating advice

(5 Posts)
RobH Wed 12-Apr-17 11:55:43

We're about to undertake a flat renovation and are considering electric underfloor heating. There are a couple low voltage radiant heating products from STEP Warmfloor www.warmfloor.com/ and ukwarmfloor www.ukwarmfloor.com/ both saying they are based on Norwegian technology. STEP say that ukwarmfloor is a cheap Chinese manufactured knock off set up by their CEO's brother and there are problems associated with the product's safety such as fires. Has anyone installed radiant electric underfloor heating from either of these companies? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

PigletJohn Wed 12-Apr-17 15:33:38

You must be either very rich, or owners of a flat with no gas supply. Which is it?

Does the flat currently have storage heaters and a hot-water cylinder?

sparechange Wed 12-Apr-17 15:37:45

We've got 'Warm Up' floors in our bathrooms and haven't had any problems with it

The timer is very easy to set, but we only really have it on in the winter and usually only in our en-suite

On the months that we have it on in both (rather than one) bathroom, I haven't spotted any noticeable difference in our electricity bills so I don't think it costs much to run

PigletJohn Wed 12-Apr-17 15:56:15

compared to what?

sparechange Thu 13-Apr-17 11:47:22

Compared to the months when we only have 1 bathroom system on...

Some months we only turn it on in one bathroom, others we have it on in both. I can't see any significant difference in the electricity bills between those months

(obviously the months we have both off are cheaper, but those are summer months when electricity use is generally lower)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now