Talk

Advanced search

Black rubber pull out kitchen tap advice....

(2 Posts)
jojosapphire Tue 11-Apr-17 18:51:22

Hi

Concidering a kitchen tap like this one for our new extension.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/watersmith-heritage-almeria-pull-out-spray-mono-mixer-kitchen-tap-chrome/2962p

I'm a bit worried that the rubber bit might perish and go sticky?? Anyone have that problem with a similar tap? We really like the pull out taps, but dont want a sprung one due to them having lots of gaps to get dirty... Its on the island so really want a feature tap just without the feature price tag!

Thanks Jo

Molecule Wed 12-Apr-17 06:59:26

I used to work with industrial rubber, and would never have it in a kitchen. There are many different types, and they all have various properties. Some are OK with water (not all) and a very few are OK with fats, but the ones that can cope with fats will not cope with water, and many of the water resistant ones will not like it a high temperature. If IRC silicone can cope with most things, but does not wear well.

Your worries are well founded and I think you are correct that you will most probably end up with a sticky, cracked tap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now