Talk

Advanced search

Wood flooring and doors

(8 Posts)
elay5 Tue 11-Apr-17 10:09:03

Hi

Still in the middle of a house renovation, went to Farrow and Ball and was advised that if one is going with wood flooring then the doors you pick should the lighter shade of the flooring so its not too dark, thinking of this as wood flooring

www.directwoodflooring.co.uk/prestige-cinnamon-oak-solid-wood-flooring.html or www.directwoodflooring.co.uk/vintage-carved-oak-lacquered-solid-wood-flooring.html main problem is I like this door, which is quite dark www.todd-doors.co.uk/iseo-k4500-grey-coto or maybe somethign slightly ligher...........Builder says he thinks I should go with dark doors that match flooring and can use grey on the skirting etc

Fourbyfour Wed 12-Apr-17 16:58:27

The doors are very random with that floor - they are cold and ashy whereas the floor tones are very warm. I'm not sure they'll work together at all.

wowfudge Wed 12-Apr-17 20:01:58

I think the doors are too dark. What kind of house is it? Unless you have very large rooms you may find they make the rooms dark - it's surprising how much light lighter doors reflect. The flooring is lovely.

wowfudge Wed 12-Apr-17 20:02:08

I think the doors are too dark. What kind of house is it? Unless you have very large rooms you may find they make the rooms dark - it's surprising how much light lighter doors reflect. The flooring is lovely.

SwedishEdith Wed 12-Apr-17 20:06:35

Unless you can paint that door, I wouldn't go for it. Looks a bit fashiony so will date.

Semaphorically Wed 12-Apr-17 20:09:59

Do you want to look at the doors, particularly? Making them so dark makes them a feature that draws the eye. I think it looks better if the blend in to the walls more.

bouncydog Wed 12-Apr-17 21:53:36

If you want doors that dark and wood flooring then you would be better to go for the frosted oak as otherwise it's going to be much too dark.

elay5 Thu 13-Apr-17 15:05:33

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now