Talk

Advanced search

Outside home office - advice please

(6 Posts)
upwardsandonwards33 Mon 10-Apr-17 22:56:28

I have seen a few and they look good but I am also concerned that files and books will get cold and therefore heating will need to be most of the time. Also if DH or I are out, then is it practical for the other one to be at the end of the garden when little dc are asleep upstairs in house?
Anyway please tell me your experiences of having an outside home office.

abcBears Tue 11-Apr-17 07:48:08

re the little ones left alone, you just need a baby monitor with camera.

No over advice I am afraid, we looked at it but ended up building an extension instead.

upwardsandonwards33 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:33:31

Thanks abc.

Anyone else pls?

engineersthumb Wed 12-Apr-17 05:42:26

We haven't done this yet though have been looking at it due to space. If it's going to be used year round insulation is critical. Insulation of walls, ceilings and floors is required and windows should ideally be double glazed too. If the insulation is good then heating isn't going to break the bank to keep everything dry. Of course it makes the building cost somewhat higher.

Swippy Wed 12-Apr-17 15:49:52

We bought one from Dunster house and it's really good! Really well insulated and I only have to heat up with my dyson heater for 1 hour when it was very cold in morning. I run my own business and use daily.
Regarding baby if you have a monitor with a good range I don't see the issue? No diffeeent from being out in garden and baby sleeping indoors.

upwardsandonwards33 Thu 13-Apr-17 00:11:44

Swippy- do you still go out there even if there's a lot of snow on the ground or if it's pelting it down?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now