Talk

Advanced search

Guide price

(4 Posts)
FunSpunge Mon 10-Apr-17 11:39:50

How do you interpret "guide price"

I assume open to offers?

There's so many different ways EA list properties nowadays. OIEO, guide price, asking price, fixed price etc etc etc hmm

wowfudge Mon 10-Apr-17 12:12:22

As a guide. At auction it's often a price designed to generate interest and the property will sell for more. To my mind it suggests the sellers may be open to negotiation.

user1484830599 Mon 10-Apr-17 13:23:31

It is all just EA bollocks if you ask me. I'd use that as the price they were hopeful to achieve, but depending on various factors (how long it had been on the market/how fast property was moving in the area) I would always offer lower. The variables would depend how much lower.

That is just my twopennorth, but I have a massive bugbear about getting a bargain, and never paying asking price so you may feel differently!

ThereIsNoSuchThingAsRoadTax Mon 10-Apr-17 13:46:23

I tend to just ignore all of those labels and offer (a little less than) what I think it is worth given the local market etc...
The seller can either accept the offer or not, but if they get all precious about OIEO or whatever then they are probably the sort of people that I want to avoid having to negotiate the intricacies of a house sale with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now