Talk

Advanced search

Anyone trying to sell a shared ownership property?

(3 Posts)
janx Sun 09-Apr-17 12:22:09

Just wondering if anyone is going through a similar situation? It so different to regular selling so great to chat to someone in the know!

HarryPottersMagicWand Sun 09-Apr-17 19:49:41

Not now, but we did 2 years ago. Was a pain waiting for the 6 weeks that we had to give the Housing Association to market it, they didn't really, stuck it on their website and that was it. We had 1 viewer who didn't even qualify for SO and I found her after advertising on Gumtree (as suggested to me by the Ha!) After we were free to go through EAs as normal, had viewers lined up within days, sold after an hour of the first viewer. So much better and the HA only got a small fee as they didn't find the buyer.

After that was a sale as normal so not much different. Good thing was price was fixed so we didn't have to bugger about with offers, although I think the value was a little bit lower than if it had been a normal house sale.

PippaFawcett Sun 09-Apr-17 20:45:24

We sold a SO property after we had staircased to 100 per cent so not an identical position to you. We were worried because we had lots of extra covenants to contend with compared to other properties on the same estate - from everything including pet ownership to washing rules and regs that we couldn't have changed despite us owning 100 per cent. We sold within 24 hours for full asking price so it didn't put someone off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now