Talk

Advanced search

Do you have an above ground pool? How do you maintain it?

(4 Posts)
HiDBandSIL Sat 08-Apr-17 12:28:34

Not sure this is the right place for this.

I've just bought one. It's only 8ft but I just read that it takes 5 hours to fill up. If you have one, do you empty it out regularly and re-fill it or do you leave the water in and keep it clean with a pump/filter and chemicals?

ChippyMinton Sat 08-Apr-17 13:06:57

www.intexpoolsite.com/wq_overview/

This is a useful site. Ours is 12' and I have a pump and various chemicals, including tablets that go in a floating dispenser, and pH testing strips. And a cover. It's practically a full-time job keeping it going all summer.

Check how to empty it too - ours doesn't drain completely so it's a faff to get the last 6" of water out.

Fun though smile

Heeraneeali Tue 08-Aug-17 21:07:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Anecdoche Tue 08-Aug-17 21:10:51

i have one. it is an above ground one (vogue teakwood) but sunk into the ground iyswim. its about 5 ft deep, with anout 3 and a half of that sunk.

i have a sand filter and pump so the water stays clean. you really cant keep filling them up. it is a huge pain. you winterise and cover them at the end of the season. you need some sort of heater to take the chill off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now