Advanced search

3 weeks - Still no survey

(10 Posts)
snarferson Fri 07-Apr-17 18:03:03

We accepted an offer on our house 3 weeks ago. Buyers are first time buyers. They appointed a solicitor and we got a memorandum of sale on the 27th Feb.

Since then we've heard nothing. Our estate agent can't get hold of them and their solicitor is not responding to ours.

Is our buyer ghosting us or am I being paranoid? sad

Spickle Fri 07-Apr-17 19:52:24

When did you send back the forms your solicitor would have sent you (Property Information Form, Fixtures & Contents etc)? Have you paid any monies to your solicitor so they can get off the starting block, i.e. for land registry documents? Just asking because your solicitor starts the process by sending a draft "contract pack" to your buyers solicitors and your buyers solicitor won't start any work until they are in receipt of this.

Perhaps your buyers are still waiting for a mortgage offer and will get a survey done through the lender once agreed.

If all of the above has been done, then you may have cause to be concerned, especially if they are avoiding calls from the EA.

Mooey89 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:58:05

We had an offer accepted about 2-3 weeks ago, we are first time buyers and our survey hasn't been done yet. I've paid for the valuation, the land searches, we have a mortgage agreed... we definitely aren't ghosting! Although it's worrying that they aren't answering and solicitor isn't answering either?!

snarferson Fri 07-Apr-17 20:24:07

We've done all those forms spickle and the draft contract was signed and returned to our solicitor on the 28th.

I understand these things are slow Mooey but it's the fact they are not speaking to anyone that is worrying me. For example if the ES called you you wouldn't just not answer or even return their messages even though even though you are not ready to survey?

I know this isn't AIBU but I honestly don't know if I am expecting them to update us.

Mooey89 Fri 07-Apr-17 20:33:39

No absolutely! The silence would worry me too! Are you in a chain? Is their silence worrying the people you are purchasing from?

snarferson Fri 07-Apr-17 20:35:06

No chain. Going to a new build. If my buyer drops out I lose my plot.

Honeyandfizz Fri 07-Apr-17 20:46:05

I accepted an offer on 3rd Feb and my buyers still haven't had theirs done. They tell me they love the house, yet still nothing. Giving it until Wednesday then I'll give them an ultimatum!

MrsPacMan Fri 07-Apr-17 21:03:45

FTB who had my offer accepted two weeks ago, but the deeds aren't with my solicitor so I haven't asked for the survey to be done yet.

didireallysaythat Sat 08-Apr-17 19:20:45

The mortgage company won't send anyone around to do the survey until the mortgage has been approved. Sometime that takes longer for FTB.

johnd2 Sun 09-Apr-17 00:05:47

Oh our survey was ages, we had all the mortgage in principle already, with the same bank we have all our accounts.
They said they do all the checks and underwriting first and the survey last, as that costs money and no point doing it if we can't get the rest of the mortgage. But the estate agent was calling all the time acting as if it was really strange we were so slow getting the survey.. Not sure what the deal was there. And he kept complaining the solicitor wouldn't tell him anything, good job I didn't use their in house one.
Anyway we got all that done and everything was ready and waiting for the answers to the enquiries and I told the estate agent what's the hold up? Then he said oh I'm not sure, I haven't been able to get gold of the seller recently!
So anyway it all worked out in the end, but at the end of the day there are so many people involved you never know the hold up, and the estate agent won't tell you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: