Talk

Advanced search

Dual marketing/online estate agents - HELP please!

(6 Posts)
OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Fri 07-Apr-17 16:29:07

I have a house on the market. I don't live there, I'm in another house 200 miles away. It's currently rented out but tenants are leaving soon and as part of my divorce, the house needs to be sold.

The current estate agents don't seem to be getting anywhere. They are fixed fee on sale.

Is there benefit in getting another agent on the case? Can I use the same solicitors so I don't have to do all that twice?

Has anyone used an online estate agent like purple bricks - are they any good?

Any help appreciated smile

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Fri 07-Apr-17 20:45:09

Anyone?

Happyfamily72 Sat 08-Apr-17 06:19:31

I used Purplebricks and found them to be very good. I used their in house solicitors, but I believe you can use your own.

dancingqueen345 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:58:12

You can have as many agents as you like (provided your exiting contract doesn't specifically prohibit that), but you need to be careful that you wouldn't have to pay them all their contingent fee for just on of them selling!

Also yes, you can use the same solicitor (I presume you're asking them because you were put in touch with them by the 1st estate agent, but their contract is with you so shouldn't matter).

Re Purpleabricks, I think it depends on the value of your house. I just sold a house on there for £120k, Couple of hiccups but all done in 3 months, but if I'm really honest I wouldn't have bought a house through there. We've upped our budget considerably and for that I want a real, known estate agent with an office that I can stomp into when things don't go right!

dailystuck71 Sat 08-Apr-17 10:23:44

Check and double check if you use purplebricks. You pay them full fee whether you sell or not. Plus other catches. Not as clear cut as they make out.

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Sat 08-Apr-17 13:43:16

Ooh thank you all, that's really helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now