Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Bathstore or Wickes installation service?

(5 Posts)
Flibbertyjibbit Fri 07-Apr-17 13:25:12

We are getting quotes to replace our upstairs bathroom. Has anyone got good / bad reviews regarding Bathstore or Wickes?

woodhill Fri 07-Apr-17 13:38:06

Watching, we are in the middle of doing ours as well. Looked at Victoria Plumb and he likes Screwfix

DH will do the work but want something reasonable.

Not sure about the fitting side

woodhill Fri 07-Apr-17 13:38:48

I thought bathstores stuff was lovely.

StripyBlanket Fri 07-Apr-17 13:48:03

My parents used Bathstore recently to replace their ensuite. The biggest issue they had was that they had expected to have bathstore employed fitters but That wasn't the case. They had one contractor doing the whole room and he was pretty rubbish - the tiling was just horrendous. They did eventually get everything fixed which I guess is the good thing about going with a big name but it was all a lot of hassle.

Other issues were that they didn't get any useful advice on the design. So ended up ordering the wrong shower. And if I remember correctly they had to pay upfront. Bathstore retain the money and only pay the contractor once the job is done.

It has definitely put me off going with Bathstore. But it's difficult to find an alternative

Ifonlyiweretaller Fri 07-Apr-17 20:58:04

Our experience with Bathstore was mainly good. You pay them for the bathroom and also pay them the price the fitter quotes for the installation. They only release the money to the fitter when it's completed to your satisfaction. So in theory quite good.

There were some issues initially though. The price my DS was quoted, which he innocently presumed included fitting, actually didn't! That came in at another 2K! To be fair the salesman in store realised that my DS had genuinely misunderstood (but of course by then we had bought into the whole concept) so he did get us a bit more discount and threw in a few extras.

Ultimately though my DS is very happy with the end result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now