Talk

Advanced search

Boiler Advice

(7 Posts)
elay5 Thu 06-Apr-17 09:17:26

Hi

I have been speaking with various boiler enginners as I want to change my boiler, basically have been told cant get a megaflow as my pressure is too low, advice I have received is that I should go with a vented tank with a pump etc and a big enough boiler as we want to have 3 bathrooms

Just spoke to a new engineer who advised I should look at DAB pumps, says he will give me references of where he has installed them, gives good water pressure, silent pump and is a good solution according to him, does anyone have any experience with DAB tanks

PigletJohn Thu 06-Apr-17 13:39:31

do you have an isolated house, or in a town? Are you at the top of a hill?

How far is your house from the road?

How old is it?

elay5 Fri 07-Apr-17 09:33:44

Not isolated, its in greater london close to st albans, not at the top of a hill

I live in a close with about 7 houses just of a main road

House is about 30 years old

Hope this helps

PigletJohn Fri 07-Apr-17 12:19:22

fairly modern, so I wonder why you have poor water flow.

try to look at the incoming water pipe where it meets your indoor stopcock. Is it black plastic? What is its diameter? Photo would help.

If you have a water meter, peer down with a torch to try to identify its pipes.

elay5 Fri 07-Apr-17 13:28:19

I dont know if it helps but I called the water company about changing the pipes and was told that i was in an area with a pressure management plan in place which I think is the reason for the low pressure or the pressure not being enough for a megaflow tank etc

PigletJohn Fri 07-Apr-17 14:43:59

do you think they have a "plan" to fix the problem? It could affect how much time and money you want to spend mitigating it yourself.

elay5 Fri 07-Apr-17 15:17:40

I doubt it, when i asked about sorting it out with a bigger pipe, they sent me a form which is to get a survey done, that would cost 250 quid, no guarantee after paying that they would decide to do the job, and if they did i might have to pay between 1 and 2k.

Might as well add that money to what ever I want to spend on a boiler and tank and get a solution that works with existing pressure

I was also told there is no guarantee they fix it and pressure improves i think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now