Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen style, Help!

(7 Posts)
Callofthewild Tue 04-Apr-17 21:16:09

We have a 1920's house with an extension on the back which houses a kitchen diner which in turn is open plan onto a sitting room. The time has come to replace the U shaped kitchen and I'm torn as to which style is best. I love the clean contemporary handleless kitchens with quartz worktops that Schuller do but wonder whether it will look dated relatively quickly. Are we better off going for an inframe shaker style one instead that could periodically be repainted? We plan to be here for another 10-15 years and have a budget of up to £12k all in and currently have 3 year old twins. Thanks.

NapQueen Tue 04-Apr-17 21:19:38

Id go for something more traditional but still fresh and current. But Im not a fan of high gloss/shiny/handle-less.

Callofthewild Tue 04-Apr-17 21:22:34

Thanks. We could never keep gloss units suitably clean and shiny so I plan to go for a flat matt finish if we go handleless.

Boulshired Wed 05-Apr-17 08:42:10

Go for what you really like, the trends will come and go. I am old enough to remember when painting kitchen doors is what you did because you could not afford to replace it.

MiaowTheCat Wed 05-Apr-17 19:00:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Miniwookie Fri 07-Apr-17 08:10:00

We are going for matt handless in our 1920s house. We are probably having wood or stone worktops though as I prefer natural materials in an older house (we have a lot of original features, parquet etc.) I don't like gloss, or anything plastic looking.

dynevoran Fri 07-Apr-17 08:12:19

I went for a Formica kitchen in my 1930s and think it fits better than a shaker style or a very modern one. It's a happy medium.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: