Talk

Advanced search

Help me with wood floor choices!

(3 Posts)
ArseyTussle Fri 31-Mar-17 08:04:35

This is for the living room. My taste is mid century and a bit Scandi, I like colour in decorative things like cushions but walls tend to be various shades of off white. The walls will be F & B Strong White.

The house is about 12 years old, and the room is about 6m x 4m.

The trend at the moment seems to be for really large rustic planks, but I think they only really look right in mahoosive kitchen diner extensions. I've fallen a bit in love with some finger jointed solid oak, which happily is cheaper than the nearest engineered plank one I liked. Not planning to move but may do in about 6 years time, so I want something that won't put buyers off. What do you think?

Wondering whether engineered might be a better choice as it will have underlay, the room is upstairs.

ArseyTussle Fri 31-Mar-17 08:06:18

Should have said, can't afford parquet and whilst I love herringbone the additional costs of fitting and wastage are likely to rule it out.

HLBug Fri 31-Mar-17 08:57:45

Check out kahrs floors - http://www.kahrs.com/en-GB/consumer/

They are fantastic quality and do things a bit 'different' to the high street choices. We have had our dining room and family room done and they are both fab. Fantastic quality and definitely worth the price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now