Talk

Advanced search

Wickes kitchen?

(5 Posts)
YouMeddlingKids Thu 30-Mar-17 18:48:55

Was planning on diy kitchens and finding a fitter but so far have had no joy getting a recommendation for someone to fit. Wickes have been out to design/quote but I think the consensus is generally that you get less quality for your money and that fitting/aftercare can be a bit of a nightmare? Anyone out there have a great experience with wickes?

YouMeddlingKids Thu 30-Mar-17 18:51:27

Follow up question, if i do go the diy kitchens route how to find a reliable fitter? No one I know has ever had a new kitchen and the one recommendation I managed to get never got back to me, too busy I presume!

MiaowTheCat Fri 31-Mar-17 07:47:41

Mine's wickes although independently fitted and it's holding up well, easy to clean and looks as good as when it was fitted when it's cleaned and decluttered.

Delivery slot was 7-10. They were actually parked around the corner at 6.30am waiting for the clock to tick over to 7am on the dot to deliver (relative was arriving at ours and passed the lorry). Had one broken panel which they couriered a replacement out to us as a priority.

Instructions for assembling the cabinets made the guy fitting ours swear a lot though - but the end result was so nice his missus came to have a look and now wants it in her house as well!

funmummy48 Fri 31-Mar-17 07:57:15

We fitted a Wicked kitchen in our last house and are about to fit another one in our new house. We've been very pleased with the quality. They have a 50% sale starting in April! smile

YouMeddlingKids Fri 31-Mar-17 11:36:55

Phew that all sounds good! I think the reality is that with wickes obviously keen to get a sale vs. Having to track down a fitter and project manage it myself the easier option will win! Yes the designer who came out said nows the best time price wise (although of course he would!) 😁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now