We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best app/site for layout plans?

(9 Posts)
dinobum Tue 28-Mar-17 07:02:09

Trying to plan out extension ideas after our original plans were far too pricey! Want to have some thoughts before asking draftsman to re-do plans. So which is the best app/site to draw up layout plans and visualise?

johnd2 Wed 29-Mar-17 08:57:06

I don't know a lot but since no one has replied I've heard good things about sketchup, maybe someone else might comment?

glorious Wed 29-Mar-17 08:59:23

Yes I've used sketchup for something similar. It has a bit of a learning curve but it's infinitely flexible unlike easier tools.

SnowGlobes Wed 29-Mar-17 09:11:44

I tend to use graph paper and architects ruler - no learning curve required as soooo simple but only ok for floor plans rather than 3D.

9GreenBottles Wed 29-Mar-17 09:23:19

Sketchup is what I'm using but there is a big learning curve to do anything complicated (and I still don't know how to do two storey plans).

What I started out with was Floorplanner.com, much easier to use, and it is possible to do 3D with it too.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 29-Mar-17 09:37:13

Haven't tried Sketchup but recently discovered Opun Planner which is quite easy to use and gives a 3d view.

minipie Wed 29-Mar-17 17:23:06

Marking place, do these apps also give useful info like standard size of a door/bath/loo etc?

dinobum Wed 29-Mar-17 17:44:12

Thanks all, will try suggestions. It's 3D we need as we've planned it out on paper, but I want to 'see' what it'll look like

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 29-Mar-17 19:18:58

With Opun Planner you can adjust the door size, and they have lists of appliances/furniture/sanitaryware etc you can choose from.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now