Talk

Advanced search

Polished concrete flooring

(7 Posts)
Peanuts79 Fri 24-Mar-17 10:51:06

I am just looking into kitchen flooring ideas and have fallen in love with this - the prices are far ranging when I google. Has anyone had this who would be able to share prices per sq/m please and suppliers, are you happy? Is poured resin a cheaper option?
I'm trying to work out if this is even a feasible option.
Thank you

TeamRick Fri 24-Mar-17 15:55:27

Watching with interest! I'm currently looking at tiles with a polished concrete effect!
Hadn't even considered the real thing!

Peanuts79 Fri 24-Mar-17 20:51:59

Part of our grand plan is knocking 4 small rooms into one large open plan area, there is already a concrete floor. I spoke to a builder today and he said removing the walls is likely going to leave the floor uneven but there is some special compound he can use to even it out. Then a sealant over to give it a polished look. I think I have understood this right, sounds like a good option.

mowgeli Fri 24-Mar-17 21:22:30

Have you looked into micro cement? It comes in lots of colours and textures. Its completely impermeable as well so suitable for wetrooms and showers. Can be used internally and externally. For kitchen counters, swimming pool edges, patios.. you name it.
We have a business that does this. Where are you based? In London the price is a lot higher then it would be elsewhere.

EdnaCrumplehorn Fri 24-Mar-17 21:35:04

Seal it, seal it and seal it some more.

Peanuts79 Sat 25-Mar-17 17:28:51

Oooh thank you mowgeli, we're in the New Forest - I will have a look. Open to all options, cheapish though some of the prices for polished concrete quoted on line are extortionate!

mowgeli Sat 25-Mar-17 17:40:11

Polished concrete is really expensive: I would be looking into micro cement if I were you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now