Talk

Advanced search

Inframe or not inframe shaker kitchens

(9 Posts)
HomeExtender Thu 23-Mar-17 15:35:16

Hi
What made you decide to opt for an inframe cabinet door rather than a lay on cabinet door? We are considering the DIY Norton design but it has a chunky 105mm lay on frame which is chunkier than the deVOL kitchens we are trying to imitate. The inframe door have perfect sized frames but I'm not sure I like the total look. Help!

QuattroFormaggio Thu 23-Mar-17 15:56:50

We went for an in-frame design (DIY Kitchens Tockwith). We wanted something traditional/period and felt that the in-frame style had more of a 'hand-made' look.

wowfudge Thu 23-Mar-17 16:14:43

Inframe as Edwardian house and more in keeping we felt. DIY Kitchens' Harewood.

HomeExtender Thu 23-Mar-17 16:45:56

Thanks both. Are they proper inframe so you have the ledge behind the door? Is it easy to clean behind the ledge?

QuattroFormaggio Thu 23-Mar-17 18:47:41

I'm not sure exactly what you mean; there isn't a ledge at the bottom of the door, but there is at both sides and the top. The kitchen has only been finished a month so I've not noticed any difficulty cleaning them. Having said that we are mid major renovation so the kitchen cupboards are the least of my cleaning worries at the moment wink

wowfudge Thu 23-Mar-17 18:57:59

Ours arrived this weekend so I don't know yet! I was dead against inframe until we moved here - the painted MDF kitchen we've taken out was inframe and I actually like the fact that the doors close squarely into the frames.

JT05 Thu 23-Mar-17 19:46:33

We inherited an in frame kitchen. It looks lovely and probably what I would have chosen. Except - there are 300 mm floor units, which are useless they only hold small things and are deep. We have looked into pullout interior fittings, but can't be done because of the framing.

MissDuke Thu 23-Mar-17 20:07:13

I had never heard of this before reading about them on here! I think they look beautiful in pictures.

NotMeNoNo Thu 23-Mar-17 20:56:51

There was one in this house when we moved in. Agree that narrow units are a bad idea. We ended up removing several frames and attaching them to the doors so we could use pullout storage (but looks framed when the door is shut ).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now