Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone love their Amtico/Karndean flooring?

(11 Posts)
ihatethecold Thu 23-Mar-17 11:48:12

I would like to get it when we extend our kitchen this year.
My DH isn't convinced.
We currently have flagstone tiles in the kitchen that will be taken up.
I love a wood floor but with 2 dogs I hear every foot step.

I also hate that tiles are cold on my feet.

I'm really keen on the parquet or herringbone design.

OuchBollocks Thu 23-Mar-17 11:54:09

I love it. Looks good, easy to maintain, hard wearing, feels nice underfoot. We had amtico in the living room /kitchen area in our old flat , and have it now in the bathrooms in our house. The living room and hallway in our house have Karndean, it is quite badly scratched in the living room but the floor man assures me that's extremely unusual and reckons the movers just trailed a very heavy bookcase across the floor when the last owner was moving out. We have a toddler, a baby, lots of visitors, pram coming in and out etc etc so the flooring does get punished and so far it's holding up well.

Msqueen33 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:04:56

I love mine. We have it everywhere including bedrooms aside from the living room but we'll be having that done too.

NotCitrus Thu 23-Mar-17 12:06:46

Love my Amtico. Bathroom done 11 years ago looks good as new. Kitchen has underfloor heating under it. Apart from small children wanting to lie on the floor in the way all the time, it's wonderful!

We got the industrial Amtico from ends of jobs, so less range of colours but much cheaper. Will do living room soon.

RueDeDay Thu 23-Mar-17 12:27:35

NotCitrus sounds interesting, where do you source the industrial offcuts from??

ihatethecold Thu 23-Mar-17 14:23:28

Thanks. Am I right in thinking it can be repaired in situ?

bigredboat Thu 23-Mar-17 18:20:25

We have Camarro so slightly cheaper but I love it, it's so easy to care for and wears well.

NotCitrus Fri 24-Mar-17 11:58:54

Rue Ebay! Various companies advertise on there, then can look at their own sites as well. They generally have imaginative names like CheapAmticoFlooringUK or ValueFloorTilesRUs...
If it's an individual, need to check it's not been damaged or gone curly.

Did have a shock when I returned to work after mat leave to find that the Amtico for my bathroom floor is exactly the same as in my office! It's lasted very well there too.

jemsywemsy Sat 25-Mar-17 08:32:34

We have Karndean in the kitchen after previously having travertine and I love it - mainly because it's so easy to clean and doesn't feel cold underfoot.

GreatGardenstuff Sat 25-Mar-17 08:42:56

We have it in the hall and kitchen/dining room. It's a piece of cake to look after and looks great. I chose it because I wanted a hard floor that wasn't cold, and was nice to walk on and practical for wet areas.

RueDeDay Sat 25-Mar-17 09:26:03

Thanks NotCitrus, will have a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now