Talk

Advanced search

Britannia Fridgefreezer?

(6 Posts)
ghislaine Wed 22-Mar-17 22:12:14

I have my eye on this pretty little thing but I can't seem to find out much about Britannia online.

Does anyone have one of their products? Are they good quality? Would you recommend them?

PigletJohn Wed 22-Mar-17 22:35:08

there are some cookers on "Which" but no fridges. Their website says established 1995. I don't see any reference to where they are made. I will guess they don't have a fridge factory and buy them from someone else. "About Us" on the website doesn't show an address.

PigletJohn Wed 22-Mar-17 22:38:44

ah, they say "Sales, Administration and Finance, Britannia Living, Glen Dimplex..." so they are presumably owned by the Irish electrical conglomerate, which has numerous brands and is privately owned.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Dimplex

iismum Wed 22-Mar-17 22:46:30

Aghh, just been reading baby name threads and for a second I thought this was one of those ... no, don't call you baby Brittania Fridgefreezer ... although now I think about it, maybe it does have a ring to it.

iknowimcoming Wed 22-Mar-17 22:52:26

Had a Britannia range cooked a few years ago, it was v expensive and I hated it, it was unreliable expensive to repair and a pig to keep clean. After two years I cut my losses and scrapped it and bought a cheaper rangemaster and it was a very good move. No idea on their fridges though.

ghislaine Wed 22-Mar-17 22:55:38

Ah, I see they also make Stoves, which get a very bad rep on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now