Talk

Advanced search

Extending quartz as cooker splashback

(15 Posts)
GreyBird84 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:37:44

Hello

I am undecided as to have tiles behind cooker or extend the quartz worktop - im leaning towards the latter because I want a practical kitchen & cant be bothered trying to pic tiles that match worktop, cabinets & floor tiles!

Has anyone done this? How do you find it?

Pictures very welcome!

ProfessorLayton1 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:40:12

We neary did it but decided to go with glass at the last minute..that's another option

justdontevenfuckingstart Wed 22-Mar-17 20:43:48

If you've got an upstand too then yes but if not then go with tiles. What quartz do you have? As prof said, good choice Original Style do nice glass.

BBCK Wed 22-Mar-17 21:05:05

Go for the quartz

justdontevenfuckingstart Wed 22-Mar-17 21:17:08

BBCK If you could get socket covers to match your handles that would look lovely.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 22-Mar-17 21:26:51

We have an enormous granite splash back that the previous owners fitted, matching the work tops. God knows what it cost. Does look nice though although despite supposedly being fairly tough it definitely has scorch marks from the gas hobs.

justdontevenfuckingstart Wed 22-Mar-17 21:34:34

Ms are you in Norfolk that looks like one of our kitchens lol

GreyBird84 Thu 23-Mar-17 06:20:31

Thanks for the pictures folks!

I'm not keen on glass, does it but scratch easily? I think it would be too modern for our painted kitchen.

A few have told me the quartz cooker upstand looks heavy but i like the pictures posted here. I'm having difficulty finding a pic of sparkly white quartz as an upstand which it what I would be having!

SnowGlobes Thu 23-Mar-17 08:40:03

We had a granite splash back to match the worktops in our previous house and looked fabulous. It was pale granite but not sparkly. We had an induction hob so obviously no scorch marks but I can't imagine it scorching with gas either. Are tiles a bit passé? I'd get a sample and rest it behind the cooker to see but I think if it is exactly the same as your worktop it'll look great.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 23-Mar-17 11:30:33

justdont no I'm not in Norfolk but the kitchen came from Orwell Pine which is in Suffolk!

minipie Thu 23-Mar-17 12:52:05

I would definitely choose to extend the quartz. Much more streamlined unfussy look and no grout to clean!

Manijo Thu 23-Mar-17 13:57:32

We're just doing our kitchen with quarz work tops and have decided on full glass splashback back without upstands but that is for a very contemporary finish
Have a look at HOUZZ website for ideas and inspiraton.

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 23-Mar-17 14:41:59

Here is our extended quartz - curved to match curved extractor fan

Lizzim18 Thu 23-Mar-17 20:42:23

We have quartz too smile

GreyBird84 Fri 24-Mar-17 13:53:41

Many thanks for the pictures and advice really appreciate it.

I am definitely leaning towards quartz upstand all the more smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now